David had a great week!
If he were here I would make this for him!
It is his Favorite!!!
I would love to give credit for this recipe...
If I am not mistaken it was in
Simple and Delicious Magazine from Taste of Home
you can go here for more information. I really like it!
3 Cups cooked and cubed chicken breast (short on time? buy a rotisseri chicken)
2 cans cream of chiken soup + a splash of milk to loosen it
1-16 oz tub of sour cream
1/2 cup salsa (or to taste, some like it hot!)
1 can diced green chiliis (they are mild)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (more if you want) save 3/4 cup
2 bell peppers diced ( I like to use different colors-thense fiesta!)
1 onion chopped
Adoobo to taste ( I really like this stuff) [if you cannot get Adobo then go here she makes her own, so good!]
24 Corn tortilla sliced nto 1 inch strips
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except for 3/4 cup of chees and tortilla stripss. Add a splash of milk so it will blend better.
- Spread some mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Add A layer of tortilla stripss.
- Layer sauce agaian continue until all ingredients were used ending with sauce.
- Sprink resered cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly approx. 35 to 45 min.
We serve with a nice salad and refried beans, sometimes when we have a big crowd we serve spanish rice. If Arli is around I have no choice!
So get this party started! and enjoy!!!