I always have a lot to be grateful for, but during these especially stressful times I forget.
Today I am writing them down so I will have a place to remind me during my whinny times!
- My FAMILY! husband, kids, brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws, (or out laws...::snicker::) nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. How can you not be thankful for that? I am thankful for FOREVER FAMILIES!
- My Home! It isn't new or fancy and not always in order, but it is mine.
- My college degree! It was a dream of mine as a small child. I am proud of myself for accomplishing this great task!
- Technology. The GPS (although I still trust myself more), Atari (oops I mean WII), cell phones, and of course computers. I love, maybe too much, the Internet. Catching up on friends and family. Typing papers on programs that can catch a spelling error is amazing. Remember typewriters...UGGGH! Googling is a fun past time...agreed?
- Reality T.V., need I say more? (hey, this is my list!)
- Friends. They have been my family while I live a country away!
- The Church. How thankful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know my Father in Heaven loves me and takes care of me and my family.
- Food. You cannot forget to add this one to the list on Thanksgiving! It is not just a source of nourishment to my body but nourishment to my memories, through smells, sounds and sights. A beautiful turkey, creamy potatoes, brilliant red cranberry sauce all add to the day.
- Books! I love to read. I am in love with a great mystery. A fun children's book interests me as much as a love story. As always a great cookbook!!! I read them like regular books, if you have never tried it you should. You learn all kinds of interesting things.
- Service. Given to me and sometimes by me. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers, family and friends. I am grateful to see kindness given to others. A simple gesture goes a long way. 'Blessed are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting.'