Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I have a lot to be thankful for!
I always have a lot to be grateful for, but during these especially stressful times I forget.
Today I am writing them down so I will have a place to remind me during my whinny times!

  1. My FAMILY! husband, kids, brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws, (or out laws...::snicker::) nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews. How can you not be thankful for that? I am thankful for FOREVER FAMILIES!
  2. My Home! It isn't new or fancy and not always in order, but it is mine.
  3. My college degree! It was a dream of mine as a small child. I am proud of myself for accomplishing this great task!
  4. Technology. The GPS (although I still trust myself more), Atari (oops I mean WII), cell phones, and of course computers. I love, maybe too much, the Internet. Catching up on friends and family. Typing papers on programs that can catch a spelling error is amazing. Remember typewriters...UGGGH! Googling is a fun past time...agreed?
  5. Reality T.V., need I say more? (hey, this is my list!)
  6. Friends. They have been my family while I live a country away!
  7. The Church. How thankful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know my Father in Heaven loves me and takes care of me and my family.
  8. Food. You cannot forget to add this one to the list on Thanksgiving! It is not just a source of nourishment to my body but nourishment to my memories, through smells, sounds and sights. A beautiful turkey, creamy potatoes, brilliant red cranberry sauce all add to the day.
  9. Books! I love to read. I am in love with a great mystery. A fun children's book interests me as much as a love story. As always a great cookbook!!! I read them like regular books, if you have never tried it you should. You learn all kinds of interesting things.
  10. Service. Given to me and sometimes by me. I am grateful for the kindness of strangers, family and friends. I am grateful to see kindness given to others. A simple gesture goes a long way. 'Blessed are those who give without remembering and receive without forgetting.'
Thank you Father for all I have been given and all I will be given. I know all things come from you, through others for me and my loved ones.
THANK YOU to all those who bless our lives! In case you didn't know I am Grateful!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that picture! Seriously, it took me a few seconds to realize that the turkey bag really wasn't the size of a car & that it was indeed on your car dash! I know - sometimes I need a little dash of "duh."

    ReplyDelete