We love this dip! I received a recipe book
"The Mormon Family Cookbook"
22 1/2 years ago for our wedding. Funny how something can be a family favorite for so long. I am often asked to bring this to parties, family dinners etc.
It is very simple and easy to double, which I do as a rule! You can never have too much!
This is the doubled recipe.
- 2-cans (16 oz) refried beans (add 1/2 tsp Adobo or garlic powder)
- 1-16 oz tub sour cream
- 1-package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 3-large ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1-tsp lemon juice
- 1-tsp Crystal hot sauce (Tabasco works also)
- -pepper and salt to taste
- 2-cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1-can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup)
- 1-medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
- 4-green onions sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Mix refried beans and adobo (or garlic powder). Spread on platter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and taco seasoning. Carefully spread over bean mixture, stopping 1" from edges.
- Add lemon juice, Crystal hot sauce and salt and pepper to avocados, mix.
- Carefully spread over sour cream mixture, leaving 1" from sides.
- Layer cheese, tomatoes, olives and green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips