Friday, July 13, 2012

Hot and Cold!

Hello from HOT California,

This week the weather has been VERY strange. One day its over 100 and HOT then the next day its 70 and cool then its HOT again for a few days then its drops back down i think one day this week it dropped under 70. then the next day it was 102. I don't get it. Its another sign that Christ is coming. They keep telling me its going to get hotter but then it never does. This week despite the heat we have seen MIRACLES and fortunately for me discovered some areas of improvement in developing myself and my character. It has been a sort of emotional week. Good and bad. Turns out I'm not perfect after all. who would have thought?

So this week Elder Grantham and I killed it. We had an awesome week. One of the best that I have had so far on my mission. This past week we picked up two new investigators and we committed them both to baptism and one with a date. One was a part member family that we felt we should go visit then the ward council talked about going to visit them and so they could invite them to take the missionary lessons but they weren't sure how. so the next day Elder Grantham and I took the initiative and went and invited him to take the missionary lessons and we were met with warm open arms he has truly been prepared to accept the gospel. Now he is praying about the Book of Mormon. He said that he would be baptized and that he would do whatever it took to have his family be eternal if he found out the Book of Mormon was true. He is by exact definition a honest seeker of truth. We are excited. Then yesterday we met with another one of the investigators we picked up earlier in the week. I saw her at church during fast and testimony meeting and as soon as I saw her the spirit prompted me to go and talk with her and invite her to be baptized. so after sacrament meeting we talked with her about meeting with us. she wanted to and was excited. We had an awesome lesson with her yesterday and she had been coming to church with a recent convert family. she accepted the invitation to be baptized and we set the date for the 28th of this month. she told us something that was awesome she said that the reason she wanted to be baptized was because she noticed the change that attending church had on her life. (she has been about 7 times) She said that she knows that being baptized can and will make her happier and that it will give her a fresh start. she is amazing and eager to learn we are excited for her. This past week as you can tell has been full of wonderful miracles and the Lord is truly giving us the children He has prepared. All this because of our obedience. this past week has been our most obedient and consequently our most productive. I'm thankful for the work that has been entrusted to us. It is amazing how the Lord has used us as his tools. He truly led us to His children that He prepared to accept the gospel. 

Katy and Ramon are progressing wonderfully. Katy has totally quite smoking and they are both super excited to be baptized. Katy told us that she is determined to not let anything keep her from being baptized. She met with our mission president yesterday for her baptismal interview and its a GO for Saturday. we are super excited. 

Elder Grantham got his visa and he is leaving the 16th for Brazil. I have NO idea what is going on but i guess i will find out soon enough. the next transfer is the 31st of the month about two weeks. I have a feeling I'm going to be transferred VERY soon. president has been dropping hints. 

I'm glad Danie and Tay are getting some sister time. Hopefully Avery come soon, I know Arli wants her to be here already be sure to let me know asap! I have not received an email from dad in two weeks I'm sure he is working hard. I cant wait to know what Steve said. I will be looking forward to it. I have been praying very hard for him and I know that it is making a difference.

This week I have been really trying to refine myself and get better and develop more Christ like attributes. I have especially been focusing on D&C 121 I have been struggling with trying to stop habits that I have developed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment