Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Elder Thorne July 16, 2012 ~ Still Training!

Hello from cool and sunny California,

Today it hasn't reached above 72 degrees and it was breezy and sunny. I love this weather. Ill take weather like this anytime in the middle of July!   Fine by me!!

So our Baptism this past Saturday was WONDERFUL! We confirmed them on Sunday and the spirit was so strong. I feel so blessed to have been apart of their lives. I am so happy for Katy and Ramon. 

Today Elder Grantham left for Brazil and Elder Wright arrived from the MTC. He is waiting for his visa to go to Argentina so hopefully i can do a better job at learning Spanish than i did learning Portuguese. I'm excited to be able to train again. Transfers are in two weeks and chances are that I am not going anywhere. Im 99% positive that I'll be here till at least Sept.11th maybe longer. Im planning on serving my whole two years right here in Roseville. I told President I'm ok with that. There is a lot of work here.

This past week we picked up two new Investigators, investigators Jillian, her mother. We taught last sunday and committed Jillian  to baptism on the 28th then we met with her again on Tuesday only this time with her mother and her mom kept saying I'm so excited for you, I know your making the right decision and then when she found out Jillian was getting baptized was Thrilled. She said she was jealous and she wished she could get baptized! Me and my companion looked at each other in shock and said to her....well there is no reason why you cant! So we committed her to baptism and then the next time we met we invited her to be baptized on the 4th of august and she agreed. so we changed Jillian date to the 4th so that they could get baptized together! We are super excited for them. 



I'm Excited for all the work here, I'll write more next week

Love ya and keep strong, 
Remember that the Lord works miracles if we trust Him.

Elder Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment